To do this test you will need the following items:
1) 1000 ml graduated cylinder 2) Two decimal point Digital scale (measures in grams) 3) Razor Knife 4) 500 ml of water Calculator Foam sample (minimum 5.5 grams, with no skins or pass lines if possible)
To do the test you will need to follow the following steps:
1) Fill the graduated cylinder with 500ml of water.
2) Weigh the foam sample and record the weight (5.5 grams minimum). Be Sure to record the weight in Grams as well as to two decimal points.
3) Record the water level in the cylinder.
4) Completely submerge the sample in the cylinder.
5) Record the new water level after the sample is submerged.
6) Subtract the starting water level from the new level.
7) Plug previous numbers into the following formula “(weight / level change) * 62.4 = ___ lbs per cubic foot”