To do the test you will need to follow the following steps:
1) Twist the coring tool until you reach the substrate, continue twisting to remove tool as to not break piece away from substrate.
2) Using a small shot of foam, attach the wooden disc to the center of the newly cut circle.
3) With your knife, carefully cut around the disc to make sure the cut from the coring tool has not been sealed back up.
4) Place the tripod so the wooden disc is centered between the two stationary points. The third point should be placed below the disc, as to act as a support.
5) Hook one end of the wire to the hook on the wooden disc.
6) Drape the wire over the wheel on the tripod.
7) Hook the 1 kg weight to the other loop in the wire.
If the disc, or the foam does not break away from the substrate it passes the test. If it does break away, it fails the test. Since you "glued" the wooden disc to the foam sample with foam, not only did you test the Adhesion (foam to the substrate) but you also tested the Cohesion (foam to foam).