Feed Systems, Hoses and Accessories
Safety Data Sheets
Test Kit Instructions
Adhesion/Cohesion Testing Pull Tester Method
To do this test you will need the following items:
1) Tension (pull) scale, with a hook
2) Coring tool & Handle
3) Razor Knife
4) Wooden disc with hook
To do the test you will need to follow the following steps:
1) Twist the coring tool until you reach the substrate.
2) Using a small shot of foam, attach the wooden disc to the center of the newly cut circle.
3) With your knife, carefully cut around the disc to make sure the cut from the coring tool has not been sealed back up.
4) With the tension scale, hook it to the hook on the disc, and pull it to 1000 grams (2.2 lbs). If the disc, or the foam does not break away from the substrate it passes the test.
If the disc, or the foam does not break away from the substrate it passes the test. If it does break away, it fails the test.
Since you "glued" the wooden disc to the foam sample with foam, not only did you test the
(foam to the substrate) but you also tested the
(foam to foam).